1. Obama pledges support for African Growth and Opportunity Act extension, Times Live, South Africa
Obama said he supported moves to “improve” and “renew” Agoa. Agoa — which allows Southern African countries to ship certain products to the US tariff-free — expires in 2015.
2. Fuel Price Increases to Be Effected On 3 July 2013, All Africa, South Africa
Five reasons for the increase in fuel: Crude oil prices; International product prices; The Rand/Dollar exchange rate; Adjustment to the Slate Levy on petrol and diesel; Anticipated fuel price increases.
3. On banking union, Malta is ‘cautiously optimistic’, Malta Today, Malta
Prime Minister says government will keep pushing for national sovereignty as pressures for more EU centralisation increase.
4. Patients facing eight-hour waits in ambulances outside A&E departments, Daily Telegraph, UK
An investigation by The Sunday Telegraph shows that the number of patients forced to wait at least two hours parked outside A&E has risen by two thirds in just one year.
5. West Africa: Gulf Of Guinea Summit In Figures, All Africa, West Africa
A summit to discuss repressive measures that will counteract illicit activities in the waters of the Gulf of Guinea.